On Wednesday, July 1, the State and the Rockville Center will be moving to Phase 3. At that time:
- The pool will be open for recreational swimming.
- Pool capacity will be open to 75% (we’re not even going to give you numbers because with our current membership levels, just about every member could be at the pool at one time and we’d still be under capacity). We will maintain 2 lanes for now, but may remove one lane during peak times. Grounds capacity has increased from 50 to 250.
- All members need to continue to practice social distancing. Please be respectful of each other’s space.
- The baby pool will remain closed.
- Cleaning procedures will continue.
- Check in procedures will continue.
- Guests are welcome. If you bring guests, please be sure to answer all guest questions at check-in including whether you are paying the guest fees by check, cash or using prepaid pass.
Don’t forget to sign up for Remind. Text @rkvlpool to 81010 to join. We are using this system to communicate weather delays and important message. If you choose, there is a Remind app you can download, but it is not necessary to use the app.
Our Pool Manager, Leslie Nuckols, will be offering individual swim lessons starting Wednesday, July 1. Lessons are $20 for a 30 minute lesson. You can contact Leslie directly by replying to any of the Remind texts that come through. She’ll be sending out a Remind with this information tomorrow as well.
We expect the pool to be busy next weekend for the 4th of July. If you do not like crowds, please consider coming early in the day or later in the evening.
The pool will close at 5:00 p.m. on the following Wednesdays for swim meets: July 8, July 15, July 22 and July 29.
2019 Members who do not wish to join the Center in 2020 as Active Members may choose to join as Inactive Members. For a nominal fee, this option allows you to put your membership on hold for the year and join in 2021 as an Active Member without having to join as a New Member. Please find the Inactive Member form (and all other 2020 membership forms) under the Resources section of our website.
Save the date! On Friday, July 10, we’ll have the Santopia Food Truck in the parking lot from 4:30 pm to 7:30 pm. Members are welcome to purchase dinner and eat at the pool, tailgate in the parking lot or get dinner to go. Community members are welcome to get dinner to go. Please attend as we’d love to be able to do this again. Side note: we’re still looking for musical entertainment.
New Members are welcome. We are still offering a $100 referral bonus to Active members (limit one per family). Please make sure the new member lists your name in the Referred By field.
Remember that as Members, you get a discount on Center and Gym rentals (and the gym is air conditioned now!). You can get rental information from Gabrielle Thomas, our Rental Manager @ firstname.lastname@example.org