*You do not need to practice social distancing between family members residing in the same household
*Plan details can be found in the Resources section of this site.
Another long email, but full of necessary information. Please take a few moments to read in entirety.
Thank you for your patience. We have worked diligently over the last several days on a plan that will allow the pool to open under the State’s Phase 2 Guidelines.
We are excited to announce that we will open the pool for the season on Saturday, June 6. We hope to open at 1:00 p.m., but there is much we have to get done between now and then, so time is subject to change.
With that in mind, we have retired the old text alert system and are asking everyone to sign up for Remind. Text @rkvlpool to 81010 to join. We will use this system moving forward to communicate weather, pool opening/closing and up to date pool capacity/availability, if needed. If you choose, there is a Remind app you can download, but it is not necessary to use the app.
Hours of operation*:
Saturday, June 6. 1 pm to 8 pm
Sunday, June 7. 12 noon to 8 pm
Monday, June 8 – Friday, June 12. 4 pm to 8 pm
*Hours subject to change based on our ability to maintain Phase 2 Guidelines and membership numbers. Our goal is to expand our hours, but we have to do it safely.
hoped to open today, but we cannot make it happen. The state released the Phase 2 Guidelines on
Tuesday evening. Since then, our pool
committee and pool manager (along with numerous other volunteers) have spent a
great deal of time reviewing the requirements and creating a plan for us to
safely open. In addition, we have been
taking deliveries of necessary cleaning supplies and PPE, our guards are being
trained on new processes and the pool, deck and facilities are being readied
In order to comply with Phase 2 Guidelines, we are adding the following rules, limitations and guidelines for the pool. These can be revisited as necessary.
- The pool will be open for “exercise.” Exercise is defined as: A type of physical activity that involves planned, structured, and repetitive bodily movement done to maintain or improve one or more components of physical fitness (per CDC Glossary).
- The entrance to the pool will be moved to the gate along the Rockville Center. This will be an entrance only. The double gate will be the exit.
- When you enter the pool, there will be a
sign in sheet. Please read the bullet points on this
sheet. These are important and explain new processes and
procedures. Some of them are:
- COVID-19 Screening questions
- Attestation that lifeguards will not be responsible for enforcing social distancing.
- Attestation that members will be using the pool for exercise and not recreational purposes
- Members will be responsible for maintaining 10 feet of social distancing while on deck and in the water exercising
- A bleach solution will be available for members that want to wipe down tables and/or chairs. Members may also bring their own chairs.
- The maximum number of people in the pool at any time will be 21. In the sections with lane lines no more than 3 people will be allowed. While in the water members are responsible for maintaining 10ft of social distancing.
· Other new pool policies:
- The number of persons within the fenced in area is limited to a maximum of 48 guests.
- No sitting on the wall or in the stair area will be allowed
- The baby pool will remain closed due to Phase 2 restrictions.
- Tables will be spaced 10 or more feet apart
- Tables and chairs will be cleaned with a bleach solution after each use. Lifeguard will be able to help with identifying clean chair and helping to clean if one is not available
- Hand sanitizer stations will be provided at the entrance, the exit, the diving board, and each ladder / pool entrance with a railing.
- Bathrooms will be checked every hour using existing checklists, plus sink handles, toilets, urinal, stall doors and seats, handles, and paper towel dispensers will be sprayed with a bleach solution every hour
- No concessions will be available for sale
- During swim team practice on Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday between 6 and 8pm, the number of members in the pool will be limited as swim team will be using 2 or 3 lanes.
Additional details of our plan, resources and notes will be posted on the Rockville Center website (www.rockvillecenter.com) and will be available at the guard shack.
We realize this may all seem overwhelming, but these measures allow us to comply with the Phase 2 guidelines as well as what we feel is appropriate for the health and safety of our members and our community. We hope to ease these rules and restrictions when the state moves into Phase 3.
If you have any additional questions, please reach out via email or directly to any Rockville Center board member. You may also respond to any of the Remind texts/messages and we can follow up from there. Please try to avoid asking any general questions guards in the stand as they are working to protect members in the pool.
Please be patient and flexible with this process. This is new to everyone and our primary goal is to keep everyone safe. We are open to your comments and are always looking for members who are willing to help.